Saturday, February 20, 2016

Sephora: 4E's Framework for Social Media


I think Sephora does a excellent job of marketing on social media. They were one of the first beauty retail companies to be more digitally inclined and it has definitely been beneficial for them.




Sephora excites their customers about new products and ideas by using their own mobile application and social media applications, like Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and YouTube.  They communicate new products, deals, and promotions to their customers daily. When you follow the company on social media, you get to see the product on a model not just the product in its packaging. They'll explain how to use the product. That kind of brings the element of excitement for me. I’m like oh; I’d like to try that! Then I’ll either buy the product  at the store, their website, or on their mobile application. If you shop at Sephora regularly, having the Sephora app is a must!  With their app, you get notifications on their new beauty offers. These mobile offers can include anything from free samples, new products, and markdowns on products.  VIB, (very important beauty insider), is their rewards program. Every dollar you spend equals to one point. Every month they have different rewards products that you can buy with your points. The online site and mobile application will give you a list of products that you might like based on your purchase history and products that you’ve viewed recently.  It's almost like they had pick products for me to try! How cool is that!?

I believe Sephora is able to keep their competitive advantage by educating the customers through YouTube and blogging tools like twitter.  They’re able to grab the attention of potential customers and educate them about their products. This is a great platform for them to set themselves apart from other beauty retail stores. 

They make it easy for us to  experience their products and services through social media applications. Sephora explains how the products work, what’s in the products, and how to use them on social media sites, like  YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat. They have quick and easy tutorials on Instagram and Snapchat. If you want a longer,  more thorough tutorial, you should go to their Facebook page or their YouTube channel.   As I mentioned on my last post, you can also watch HOW TO videos on their website and mobile app.  One of my favorite things to do with the Sephora app is the VIRTUAL ARTIST.  This tool will use the front facing camera on your smartphone and it’ll focus on your lips and overlay the color lip color that you pick on your lips.  You can swipe through different shades of color and brands.  This allows us to try on all of the lip shades that Sephora offers without having to go to the store to physically try them! I’m obsessed with this tool! I can try on lipstick shades whenever and wherever I want!


Sephora also has many ways of engaging with the customer. Engaging with the customers is important for them because they receive feedback and it has the potential of making customers loyal to the brand. Sephora makes it easy for customers to do this through social media because they can just comment on their posts on Facebook, Instagram, twitter, and YouTube.  Customers also engage with Sephora through blogging and microblogging. They are able to give negative or positive reviews on the company.  We,  as the customers,  can let them know exactly how we feel about their products and services. 

11 comments:

  1. Wow, cool post. I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real hard work to make a great article… but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. smm panel list

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m not sure why but this web site is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end? I’ll check back later on and see if the problem still exists. cheapest smm reseller panel

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lost me, friend. I mean, I suppose I get what youre indicating. I realize what you are saying, but you just seem to have overlooked that there are some other individuals inside the world who look at this matter for what it definitely is and might not agree with you. You may be turning away a lot of folks who may have been supporters of your web site. smm reseller panel

    ReplyDelete
  4. chefdro? The Stuff- Bryan Armen Graham: Crash Course: Manny Pacquiao vs smm reseller panel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent article and easy to realize explanation. How do I go about getting permission to post element of the content in my upcoming newsletter? Giving proper credit to you the author and link to the site would not be a problem. buy‌ ‌Instagram‌ ‌followers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your site, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear idea instagram panel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your wp web template, wherever do you obtain it through? cheap panel

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made some decent factors there. I looked on the internet for the problem and found most individuals will go along with with your website. buy followers from famoid for Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  9. During the conference, a social media panel comprised of professionals and influencers examined the impact of online platforms on society.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Users were able to easily manage and monitor their online presence across many platforms, offering useful information and streamlining their digital interactions, thanks to the social media panel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete